[iyonix-support] Connections for 4 IDE drives

  • From: David R Lane <D_Lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:43:44 +0100

Hi all Iyonix PCers,

If you have two hardrives, one CDRW and one DVDRW what is the
best way of connecting them?

Reading past posts, there seem to be two possibilities:

        IDE bus 0 (primary)                IDE bus 1 (secondary)
     Master            Slave            Master            Slave

A) Main Hard Drive      CDRW           Second HD          DVDRW

B) Main Hard Drive      Second HD         CDRW            DVDRW

Main Hard Drive = the one Nixiyo boots from.

Which is best?

Or are there other better or equally good connections (there can
be at most 3 other possibilities according to past posts)?

In case anyone asks, I have spent an hour looking at various web
sites (including Iyonix Ltd's sites, Paul Vigay's sites and
Iyonix-support archives). In one past thread it is claimed that B)
works, but I have found nothing else answering precisley this
question.

Cheers, Dave Lane

--
Just 5 steps to wars: Bush - Bash - Bass - Bars - Wars