[iyonix-support] Re: Connections for 4 IDE drives

  • From: David R Lane <D_Lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 20:43:46 +0100

In message <3e09e0cd4e.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3 Apr 2007 David R Lane <D_Lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > there was no icon for the DVDRW (as it needs  configuring) and the
> > CD drive
> > gave error message 'empty' when I attempted to mount a CD.
>
> If the DVD is set to master, the single icon will be for it not the CD.
>
> > Anyhow, I still need to configure the DVDRW. So how do I do that?
> > Does it count as another CD drive as far as the boot configure
> > tool is concerned?
>
> Yes, configure 2, as it looks like a CDROM as far as the system
> is concerned.
>
> Cheers
> ---Dave

First, to make a correction to my previous post. It wasn't the CD
drive that was working, I was misled by the icon, it was the DVD
drive that was working. This confirms what Druck has said above.

I have configured 2 CD drives now and get 2 CD icons on the iconbar,
labelled :0 and :1 , where the former is the DVD drive; but the CD
drive is still not working -- it says "CD-ROM drive not found" when
I click on the icon. Do I need to alter the figure for CDFS buffers
which is currently at 256KB ?

Cheers, Dave Lane

--
  Dr D.R. Lane                        Address:  11, Coniston Way,
  Tel:   +44-(0)1737 767210                     Reigate,