[iyonix-support] Re: A Request

  • From: John <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 11:02:57 +0100

On 01 Jul, charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not sure, is it possible you have upgraded your laptop to Windows XP
> Servicepack 3 or any other Windoze upgrade?

Sorry, I got into private correspondence with Chris Evans on this one so,
to complete the picture . . . it turned out that there was some sort of
problem with !Memphis3 which I use as a RAM disc to transfer data to/from
the Windoze machine. Having deleted all elements of Memphis and re-loaded
it, everything has gone back to normal.

So it seems that a permanent overvoltage at 5.09v appears to acceptable -
at least to my setup, and fortunately I don't need to replace either PSU
nor Ethernet card  :o)

Thanks to all for the various suggestions, though.

John

--
    ____