RE: Split-DNS, is it really necessary...for me?

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:01:04 -0800

Yes, you need to use split DNS.

The configuration of the DNS zone for your domain name on the Internet is up
to who is responsible for it. When setting up split DNS, your concern is the
internal DNS server. That server needs to add the appropriate records
contained in the public DNS server, such as www for an externally hosted web

John Tolmachoff

eServices For You