RE: Split-DNS, is it really necessary...for me?

  • From: "Marvin Cummings" <marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:41:03 -0500

So in adding the appropriate records contained in the public DNS server I
guess I need to add all of the ISP DNS server IP's for the www records on my
internal DNS server? Meaning if I'm using TZO for dynamic service and their
DNS IP's are:

www - 216.75.195.44

www - 216.55.0.21

etc.

I need to add these to the forward lookup zone on my internal AD integrated
DNS server?

So this would be 2 zones on the one AD server with the following:

External FLZ: mydomain.com

            www - 216.75.195.44

            www - 216.55.0.21

Internal FLZ: mydomain.com

            www - 192.168.1.45

            www - CNAME - mywebserver.corp.mydomain.com

If this is true at what point do I add the public IP, which is dynamic? Or
do I even add it?

Sorry to have to take it to such a basic level?

Thanks

  _____