Split-DNS, is it really necessary...for me?

  • From: "Marvin Cummings" <marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:39:46 -0500

I need to confirm a quick question that I think I already know the answer
to. On a small DSL network running w2k3, tzo, an ad Integrated DNS server
with an internal name of corp.domain.com, and an external web presence of
domain.com, do I need to implement a split-dns setup prior to setting up ISA
2000? The articles says to se split-dns only if the internal and external
domain names are the same but I'm kind of confused on how the DNS server for
the web server would be configured?

Thanks