Re: MSN game zone not working for internal clients

  • From: "Bob Cheeseman" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:19:36 -0400

RE: [isalist] Re: Block porn sites from ISA.....Jim,

I am unable to make any of the WLAN clients use the Firewall Client.

Configuration is like this;

ISA external 206.172.0.x (public) Internal 192.168.1.254
ISA static routes 192.168.3.0 gateway 192.168.3.10 (internal)

remote radio (bridge side) static route 0.0.0.0 gateway 192.168.1.254
remote radio
remote radio (client side) 192.168.3.10

Clients from the 192.168.3.10 side use Dlink broadband router and are
assigned static IP's i.e.:192.168.3.4 gateway 192.168.3.10

on the inside the Dlink provides DHCP to internal LAN on
192.168.0.100-200 with a gateway of 192.168.0.1.

Firewall client will only refresh if I try to connect to 192.168.1.254,
if I try to connect by server name I get the error "cannot resolve
server name". this is to be expected I presume. When I try to use the
internet while the firewall client is configure for 192.168.1.254, it
works fine until I try the games, then the firewall client Icon gets a
red Exclamation mark thru it, and it says server inaccessible.

It makes sense that since the Dlink has the 192.168.3.x routed address,
and not the client computer, that the firewall client should not work.
So today, I took the Dlink out the equation and tried just connecting a
computer with a 192.168.3.4 address, but I got the same result.

Errrggg!

Bob