[PCB_FORUM] Re: System requirements for 15.2

  • From: "Dal Locke" <dlocke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 09:46:14 -0500

    I have also seen the very long delays when sliding certain diff pairs also
on large designs.  I found the problem is caused by positive dynamic shapes in
close proximity somewhere in the design to the diff pair signal.  I believe the
drc and healing function is slowing it down even when the slide is not close to
the shape.  I moved the positive dynamic shape off the board temporarily and
everything is back to speed.  We do very large designs on Dell Xeon 2 ghz 1 GB
computers with dual nvidia monitors no problem.  I also have a nice switch box
that is controlled by the scroll lock button that swithes one monitor to
another computer because the main computer does not have dual processors.  I
got it at Fry's for about $40 and it is made by Ingear.