[PCB_FORUM] Re: System requirements for 15.2

  • From: "richard moffat" <richard.moffat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 11:00:03 +1200

We have similar sized boards, and had huge speed problems with dynamic shapes.
We currently have 3.2GHz PCs with a 800MZ FSB.  However, the speed difference
wasn't that great.  Subsequently, I submitted a Top Ten request to the ICU for
dual processor support, which would really help.

About 3-4 months ago we noticed a big improvement in dynamic shapes.  We
believe there was an ISR released from Cadence that did this.

So, keep your ISRs up to date and turn Dynamic Fill to Disabled when possible.

Cheers,
Richard

>>> Jayne.Sawyer@xxxxxxxxxxx 20/05/2005 9:34:04 a.m. >>>

 Since moving to 15.2 and positive planes we have been experiencing
considerable lag time when running DRC, using the electrical constraints for
diff pairs or doing edits to the planes.  The boards we are having issue with
are 17" X 14"16 layers23477 connects24000 via We are looking to upgrading our
hardware. I am hoping that some one in the group might be working with similar
conditions and already have updated to a machine that could handle it. If any
one can help me to spec a capable machine please let me know. Thanks in
advance,Jayne Sawyer

notify Allied Telesyn Research Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesyn Research.