[PCB_FORUM] Re: New www.cdnusers.org forum - suggestions (was -Re: Don't shut this blah blah

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 12:46:35 -0500

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for that clarification.  I believed this was a Cadence
"sponsored" transition, but it appears from what you say that you guys, not
Cadence, are the catalyst for this.  The thing that has caused trouble, was
to not ask the list what they wanted.

But again, the real issue here is what problem is trying to be solved.  The
one thing that you say is "my only goal is to improve communication between
users that are on this list as well as some that do not know we even exist".
I appreciate that goal.  But, there are many different ways to accomplish
that, and I'm not sure that this proposed "transition" is the better way.
Again, discussion of this beforehand might have given people better insight
on all accounts.

I also know that an email list and even a forum, are not a democracy.  If
the list owner wants to terminate/move the list, that is his/her decision.
If s/he wants to discuss it with the members, that is solely at the owner's
discretion.  But, if one wants to run a successful "community" the members
considerations have to be taken into account, or you run the risk of having
no members.

Regards,

Austin