[PCB_FORUM] Re: New www.cdnusers.org forum - suggestions (was -Re: Don't shut this blah blah

  • From: William Gerner - Sun Microsystems <William.Gerner@xxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 14:20:32 -0500

Hi Mike,

For me, the current forum is just more (useful) email, I use the same
tools I use to communicate with my co-workers and I use them in the same
way. I never go to the web to look through archives or for anything else
related to this forum. I expect there are probably many other users like
me. It's hard to see how the changes that have been proposed, can make
this better for users like me. Instead, what I anticipate is a struggle
to get back to the simplicity I have today, with no guarantee of success.

For what it's worth, I don't believe resistance to change is general
human nature. We wouldn't be communicating using computers/email if that
was the case. I do believe that people resist anything that seems to
complicate their lives with no apparent (obvious) value-add.

Regards,

Bill