[PCB_FORUM] Re: New www.cdnusers.org forum - suggestions (was -Re: Don't shut this blah blah

  • From: Michael.Catrambone@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 10:15:39 -0600

Austin,

I wasn't going to send a reply to this nor do I believe you
or anyone else is expecting one, anyway I will provide my
two cents.

There has been a lot of conversations on the PCB forum
surrounding this transition and believe me I agree with
alot that has been stated but there is some comments
which I don't agree with.  I personally have been working
with Cadence over the past year to provide feedback on
how we can improve the web site and forums on cdnusers.org
and they have been very accommodating.

 I am a user of Cadence Tools just like the rest of you and
my only goal is to improve communication between users
that are on this list as well as some that do not know we
even exist.  I do not have an hidden agenda nor does the
Carl, Randy and Charlie which decided that it was best to
transition to the cdnusers.org forums.  I would add Andreas
to this list but it is clear he is no longer backing this transition
but was included with the discussions and decision.

For folks that have know me for a long time know that I am
only out for the good of the user community and nothing
more.. To be perfectly clear Cadence had nothing to do
with this transition except that have a web site that the web site
can support forums and has a much cleaner/flexible web
interface that Freelist.org can only dream of having.
Cadence suggested that we think about moving the PCB Forum
over to cdnusers.org - it was not mandated.

I may not be the owner of the PCB Forum but I am one of the
founders that has been here supporting this list since the
beginning when we only had a small group of users that attended
the ICU.  We started out on cadenceusers.org then moved to
Topica.com and now Freelists.org.  My only regret is that during
the transition to Freelists.org I should of remained the owner
of the list because it appears my voice has no weight to some
people due to that fact.

I have and will continue to forward everyone's requests/comments
to Cadence on how we can improve the cdnusers.org web site
and forums to try to address the issues.  I will send out updates
on the issues so it is not assumed that they went directly to my
trash can.

Thanks for listening,
Mike

"austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@freelists.org on 03/09/2006
06:33:38 AM

Please respond to icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:    icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:    icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
Subject:    [PCB_FORUM] Re: New www.cdnusers.org  forum  - suggestions (was
       -Re: Don't shut this blah blah

Hi Richard,

> First, please read my posting about "resistance to change".

It is human nature to resist change, but change in and of it self is not
necessarily good, or bad.  From what I can tell, this is not a change that
is solving any issues/problem with this list, so I see no rational reason
for changing.  It appears that this change was made to satisfy an agenda
which is not necessarily coincident with the members of this list.

Regards,

Austin