[PCB_FORUM] Re: Change trace net... How? easy way?

  • From: J.C.Roberts <True@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:27:16 -0800

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:25:52 -0800, "Gene Carman"
<gcarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Ended up doing something like that...  and rerouting part of it.  But the
>bottom line is that I an select a whole cline but there is no way to change
>the net on it like one can with shapes.  Seems like a missing feature to me.

there's a reason for it...

>Got Skill?

Most certainly. I have lots of SKILL...
And it's free and so you can have it to:  http://www.designtools.org
:-)

If you read the documentation for the Destubifier, in particular the
section about nets and branches, the reason why you can't just flip the
net on a cline becomes evident. -The net of a cline is determined by the
net of the pin(s) connected to the cline.

http://www.designtools.org/programs/cadence/pcb-editor/destubifier/docs.php

kind regards,
jcr

--
Free, Open Source CAD, CAM and EDA Tools
http://www.DesignTools.org