[PCB_FORUM] Re: Change trace net... How? easy way?

  • From: J.C.Roberts <True@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:28:20 -0800

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:09:59 -0800, "Gene Carman"
<gcarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Have a design that is fully routed, but the engineer needs a change.  He
>attempted to do it himself, and now has managed to connect a critical net to
>ground.  That net winds all over the board, (control net) and we want to
>retain the current routing...  but since it is now part of the fill, it is
>stuck as GND.
>
>Is there anyway to grab that cline and change the net, thus forcing the fill
>shape back?
>
>(this is not the first time for this type of problem for this engineer...
>thus proving that a bit of knowledge can indeed be a dangerous thing.)

Take the original board (i.e. the one before you imported the new
netlist) and disconnect the ends of the trace you want to save. (i.e.
delete the small cline SEGMENTS that attach to the pins, leaving the
rest of your routed cline)

THEN, import the new netlist.

Since the remaining chunk of the cline is not on a net, you can attach
it to whatever pin/net you want.

Kind regards,
JCR

--
Free, Open Source CAD, CAM and EDA Tools
http://www.DesignTools.org