[PCB_FORUM] Re: Change trace net... How? easy way?

  • From: "Daniel So" <danielso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:45:46 -0800

I have seen this happened before. Here is what I have found when this
occurs. See if this holds true to you.

1. This happens on a multi-layer board that has a ground plane.
2. The routed net changes layers on its path.
3. The routing should be going thru some positive gnd planes.

Try this.

1. Delete just the vias along the path of the routing and see if the
routing at the pins of the nets still belong to gnd. If not, the vias
are what's causing Allegro to think the routing goes to gnd. Just re-add
the vias and you then should be okay.
2. If this is happening on multiple nets, trying moving the gnd plane
off the board and then moving it back.

If I am way off-base on this, sorry that I miss understood the
situation.

Daniel