[PCB_FORUM] Re: .4 mm pitch bga's

  • From: "Gino Papelera" <da.papelera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:23:09 -0500

Ron,

Thank you for the info.

We are also using .25mm pads and .1mm hole for the .5mm pitch bga's.

Stacked vias is one of the options we are considering.

The bga's are masked defined.

We are requiring backfilling of the vias in the bgas.

Can you provide more details about the ALIVH technology?

Can you share details of your stackup, via sizes, line and spacing?

regards,
Gino

On 10/27/06, Ron Mora <rmora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Gino, Wow, where will it end. We use a .25mm pad with a .1mm hole and that's pushing it. But our application is a high volume product. What is the BGA pad size you are using? Are you using stacked vias? Are the BGA pads masked defined or etch defined. These will all have an impact on the via pad, trace space numbers. Are you under filling the BGA?

For the very dense designs we use ALIVH technology in an 8 layer stack up.
This allows us to put a via in pad and route directly down to any layer.

Ron

At 10:06 AM 10/27/2006 -0500, you wrote:

Everyone,

What's your recommendation for microvia sizes, line and spacing for
routing .4mm bga's?

I saw a  technotes using .065mm line and space between 0.2mm pad/0.1 drill
micro via. Anyone using these in their designs?

regards,
Gino