[PCB_FORUM] Re: .4 mm pitch bga's

  • From: "Gino Papelera" <da.papelera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 17:30:22 -0600

Sam,

Thank You for the info.

Gino

On 10/30/06, Dave Schaefer <dave.schaefer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Sam,

Westwood Nanya used to have a huge repository of HDI information when
Happy Holden was the chief technical contact.  I believe the articles are
still accessible under brochures (you'll need to register):

http://www.westwoodpcb.com/1_home_3_buttons.htm

Dave

> From: sjchar3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: 2006/10/30 Mon AM 09:23:18 CST
> To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: .4 mm pitch bga's
>
>  We usually call the board house and ask them if they can do it. The
smallest we've gone is .5mm pad with .3 mm drill. The BGA was a 7x7 array
but the ic used only the two outside rows. We used via in pad, now I need to
write up a paper on how i did the board. Anyone seen good documentation on
this subject (BGAs, Microvias)?

> Thanks Sam

drill micro via. Anyone using these in their designs?