Re: [icon-users] TechWriter and page header and footer

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:29:45 +0200

In message <f8736d8152.chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Christopher Dewhurst <cdewhurst2010@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <9B178C30-A907-43E8-BC93-EB5504E3F08A@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>           "Mike Brasch" <mikebrasch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 15 Apr 2012, at 22:06, Christopher Dewhurst wrote:

>>> I am not sure how it works in Techwriter, I suspect much the same in
>>> Easiwriter where you choose "Page Header" in the Selection Indicator
>>> then click Header/Footer Style in the Style Indicator and in the Page
>>> header Format dialogue box choose from the Show headers drop down list
>>> "All but chapter title page"

>> Just as in Techwriter. But this is not quite enough. With this setting
>> all pages before the first chapter will have header/footer - and that's
>> what I don't want.

> Ah, I see. Yes, I've also wondered whether it is possible to change or
> turn on/off the headers and footers partway through the same document.

> Does anyone know?

Header/Footer visibility is set in the header/footer style, so you
cannot change it partway through the same document. It would be fairly
easy to define more elaborate visibility rules though.

What Mike asks for could be achieved easily by introducing a new
visibility type "Non-title chapter pages", i.e., show headers/footers
on all pages that are part of a chapter except on chapter title pages.

That sounds more useful than the existing "All but chapter title
pages" rule. It would have made sense to restrict the latter to
chapter pages from the start.

Martin