Re: [icon-users] Figure moving

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 17:34:04 +0100

> ... Naturally I would have assumed that since it was a figure structure
> that was created and populated, that selecting and dragging either the
> figure image or figure text would actually move the entire figure to
> wherever the cursor is.

If it worked like that, there would be no way to drag content (image or
caption) into or out of the Figure.

You wouldn't say that if you selected any paragraph in a section and
dragged it, then the whole section should move.

I agree there are times when having to select the correct scope can seem an
irritating extra chore, but it is better to be consistent than to have a
few ad-hoc exceptions, even if they are convenient 'most of the time'.

There are a few cases where it is hard to select a par of a structure
rather than the whole, and they can be irritating.

Regards

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk