Re: [icon-users] Figure moving

  • From: Paul Stewart <paulstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 21:55:26 +0100

On 02/05/2012 15:28, Martin Wuerthner wrote:
In this particular instance, it is unfortunate that the default action when you just click and drag is the rare, less useful choice of dragging the illustration. Usually, user interfaces try to make sure that the default action invoked with less clicks is the frequent, more useful choice, but in this case I cannot see how that could be achieved, except maybe by having a user option "Click on figure illustration selects entire figure". Martin
Hi Martin,

Having this as an option maybe useful. But to be honest, now I know to select the whole figure, it's something I'll remember. It was through trial and error I found what the issue was. Although I'm sure if I'd just asked on here in the first place, someone would have piped up and told me what I was doing wrong. In fact rather than a configurable option, perhaps a Ctrl and drag would be better.

--
Regards
Paul Stewart