Re: [icon-users] Figure moving

  • From: "stewy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <stewy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 11:09:03 -0400

And Martin wrote:

[snip!]

> In this particular instance, it is unfortunate that the default action
> when you just click and drag is the rare, less useful choice of
> dragging the illustration. Usually, user interfaces try to make sure
> that the default action invoked with less clicks is the frequent, more
> useful choice, but in this case I cannot see how that could be
> achieved, except maybe by having a user option "Click on figure
> illustration selects entire figure".

As has already been kinda said though, that would seem to break with
the normal expectations of the way selection in EW/TW works, e.g.
F11 in a List selects Paragraph, then List Body, then List. The secret
is just to understand the selection process for structures, then it's
one click for Figure Illustration and another on the Selection Indicator
(or F11)  for Figure.

It might be worth mention that a v useful feature is the ability to search
for Picture Style and Figure Style, etc. in Find/ Replace -- and that this
selects the whole Figure ;-)

Figuratively,

Stewy
--