Re: [icon-users] EasiWriter Dictionary

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:45:26 +0100

In message <5084024f4f.peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Russell <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It seems my D_UK was corrupt. Loading another copy solved the problem.
> However as noted by Michael when messing aroung I changed the country
> and lost the Dictionary again. However my dictionary seems permanently
> set to USA and won't stay set on UK?  Any reason for this?

The Country setting of your text is just a style attribute like any
other (font, font size, etc.). If you know how to apply a certain font
to your text then you should also know how to make everything refer to
the UK dictionary and the same caveats apply, i.e., the setting can be
applied at any structure level (Document, Chapter, Section,
Paragraph), either in the applied style or as an override, or as an
emphasis style or a local override.

When producing single language documents you would normally set the
Country at Document level and then never touch the Country setting
again.

Martin