Re: [icon-users] EasiWriter Dictionary

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 12:11:56 GMT

On 9 Dec, Richard Ashbery wrote in message
  <4f4e724b9eriscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> In article <def65d4e4f.peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Peter Russell <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I usually am a very good speller so never use the Spell checker.
> > However I had cause to use the Dictionary today and got a - no
> > dictionary found message.
>
> > I checked !EasiRes in Boot.Resources and there was D_Uk in the dicts
> > directory.
>
> > What am I missing?
>
> D_UK if I'm not mistaken. However my copy resides inside the
> EasiWriter app.

UK vs Uk shouldn't matter, as most RISC OS filing systems are
case-insensitive.

The advice given in recent upgrade notes is to put the dictionary into
!EasiRes and *not* inside !EasiWriter, because this significantly
simplifies future updates.

If you press Ctrl-F12 and type

 *Show Easi*

what is reported?  In particular, what is <EasiDict_D$Path> set to?

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/