Re: [icon-users] EasiWriter Dictionary

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 07:20:19 GMT

In message <8547ae4e4f.peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Peter Russell <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>In message <e12c7b4e4f.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>          Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 9 Dec, Richard Ashbery wrote in message
>>   <4f4e724b9eriscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

[snip]

>> If you press Ctrl-F12 and type
>>  *Show Easi*
>> what is reported?

>*Show Easi*
>EasiDict_D$Path(Macro) :
><EasiRes$Dir>.Dicts.,<TechWriter$Dir>.,<EasiWriter$Dir>.

[snip]

>D_UK is in the Dicts directory.

D_UK is where it should be and the path to it is correct. I assume this
is the sort of message seen :-

Spell checking completed.
2 words ignored - no dictionary found.

If EasiWriter does not recognize the contents of D_UK as a dictionary,
even though the file is present and filetyped 'EasiDict', then the
message is the same as if the file was not there at all.

That suggests that D_UK could be corrupted, it would be worth trying a
fresh copy from the CD. D_UK has its Access set to 'LR' only here which
should keep it safely.

--
David Pitt.

Computing with RISC OS.