Re: [icon-users] EasiWriter Dictionary

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:42:11 +0100

In message <6170bd4f4f.peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Russell <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <7a09234f4f.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> When producing single language documents you would normally set the
>> Country at Document level and then never touch the Country setting
>> again.

> Does this mean I need to check the settings for the stationery items
> as each new document I start has the US setting?

Depends on whether you use stationery pads (which are just normal
documents so have their own Country setting) or you use the hardwired
empty "StdPaper" document, which uses the system Country setting that
is configured when the document is created.

> As there is only D_UK I am assuming this setting is still using the
> English not an American dictionary?

No. The only point of setting the language to US is to use the US
dictionary. If you want to use the UK dictionary, set the language to
UK.

> I would have thought there would be an option to choose your global
> Dictionary using EasiWriter choices but there isn't.

Such an option would not have any effect since each document has its
own Country setting. You would not expect a global font setting in
choices either would you?

Martin