[icon-discuss] Re: newspapers

  • From: "Jenny Axler" <jaxler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 06:49:30 -0800

I have always maintained that if something is easy to tutorialize and document,
that it is easy to use. I think this release is a real testament to the ability
of our developers and their continued efforts at making Icon and Braille + the
most "powerful, flexible, and easy to use" PDA on the market for the blind
today. While I think all the new features of this release deserve praise, I
think the Calculator and Calendar are two great examples of advanced and
complex functionality made simple. I also want you all to know that braille
Display support has been in the works for over a year, and though it will seem
like a very seamless easy thing to integrate in to your use with Icon and
Braille +, it is a whole other dimension of output, and takes a lot of time
andconsideration to make it seem so natural. In other words, I just do the
finish work, after the developers spend months and months trying to make
everything easy, powerful, and flexible, I take a couple of weeks and create
materials to show you how to use all of it. I appreciate the compliments, and I
hope the work I've done brings all the work the others did before me to light
and helps you all take full advantage of it. But, it is the development team
that deserves the greatest amount of credit here. Though I know there are some
database issues, I also know these will be addressed soon, and that soon you'll
all be able to take full advantage of all the new features. Enjoy the new
release.
Jenny