[icon-discuss] Re: Connecting icon to wireless network

  • From: Kevin Jones <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:08:06 -0600

I think maybe we could have a list of more technical pieces of info and then somewhere in the settings have them listed with yes or no -- yes would put them in the status window. That way the geeks could get it but those who didn't care wouldn't see it.

we could have things like ip, mac, uptime, cpu usage.
I wish the task manager had a more in depth mode.
Kevin

Jason Castonguay wrote:
I'm not sure how useful, at least to those users who aren't
technically-minded or who don't care, the listing of the MAC address in
the status menu would be. As Kevin mentioned, you can log into the console and find it out with
the `ifconfig' command.

The other way, for which you asked clarification, is to access the DHCP
client list on your router.  This list will show the devices connected
to your router via DHCP with their corresponding MAC addresses.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,