[ian-reeds-games] Re: A big response email

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 17:17:53 -0500

I was afraid of this.

My concern is that there would be a divide between scripting and non scripting
map packs and map pack creators where the quality of scripting maps are above
those of the non programmer. The appeal of TB was that it catered to those who
had no way to express creatively their ideas in a computer game format without
having to learn large volumes of code.
Now there is always going to be this sense that non programmers get the bones
of the scripters meals. I know you said you would continue to support both, but
it is inevitable that scripting would overshadow eventually the non
programmers. I don't mind script tricks to plug into a map, but when it comes
to full fledge scripting it is just not something I am interested in.
To you and those who do scripting it isn't a big deal cause it is what you do.
To those who do not, it   is kind of a big deal. I am not saying don't move
forward with your plans. I am simply stating my concerns on the matter. maybe
it won't be as bad as I imagine.