[hllug] Hit me again please.

  • From: "Donguitar" <donguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "HLLUG" <hllug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:01:37 -0500

Ok I solved all my Debian problems and have all but given up on being able
to install an OS in the IBM I bought from Retrobox.  I'll get back to it,
but right now it's on hold until further notice, so, I've tried to find out
why Lisa's Pavilion/PCLinuxOS can't save anything to a floppy.   It saves
links.  Konqueror can see the file but says it has a file size of 0kb.
Clicking it will open the file from wherever it's located on the hard drive
but nothing we can do will persuade the OS to actually save the file to the
floppy and a relative link isn't much use.

Lee, once before you suggested some things I could check but I was fighting
with a modem and unable to shift my focus.  You have my undivided attention
on this problem now.  If you'll repeat your suggestions I'll follow them in
detail.

I should just bite the bullet and set up networking for our computers but
the last time I tried to network our computers is when I managed to create a
catastrophic crash of my Win2K.  We have four computers plugged into the
router now; her WinXP/PCLinuxOS, and my Win2K/Debian.  We've been using
floppys to move files from one computer to another.  Sure I'd like to solve
the floppy writing problem with her PCLinuxOS box but file sharing would
solve a larger problem.

Don