[openbeos] Re: [haiku-development] Coordinating ports (#2) (was: Re: Distributed Version Control Tools)

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:00:31 -0700

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Olivier Coursière
<olivier.coursiere@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

>  François Revol wrote:
>
> > Just to avoid dup work again let me list what I have around...
> >
>  Here is my little contribution :
>
>  ruby : I have done a patch for the current stable ruby source tree (1.8).
> The patch is referenced in Haiku's bug tracking system as it raise a bug in
> Haiku : http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2041.
>
>  The patch is mainly about updating the build system to haiku (recent
> config.guess and config.sub). I was not yet been able to run the test suite.
> The test suite was trying to use unix socket when they were not yet ready (a
> few weeks ago).
>
>  Once ticket 2041 is resolved, i think the patch could be accepted in the
> official repository if they accept new platform in the stable branch.
>
>  I have also heard about some work on the development branch (1.9) on the
> Haiku's IRC channel.
>
>  freepascal : In case someone cares, the BeOS port of freepascal is now up
> to date in the official repository. You will need some unofficial binaries
> to compile them under BeOS R5 or Haiku (see
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/BeOS_port).  What is missing is a specific target
> for haiku to use native ld included in the development package instead of a
> R5 one. This work is in progress. Until then, native ld could be used by
> replacing
>   LinkRes.Add('elf_i386_be');
>
>  by
>
>   LinkRes.Add('elf_i386_haiku');
>
>  in compiler/systems/t_beos.pas when compiling under Haiku.
>
>  The console mode IDE should work but compiling it with gdb support is more
> complicated (you will need to collect a lot of static libraries from the
> haiku build : libgdb.a and all its dependencies...).
>
>  Just my two cents :-)
>
>  Olivier

Thanks for the update Olivier.  I have added freepascal to the BePorts
trac system:
http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts/ticket/60
I had added ruby, lua, and 7zip a couple days ago, no work was done,
just capturing that the status of these needed to be checked into.
http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts/ticket/57
http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts/ticket/58
http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts/ticket/59
-scottmc