[openbeos] Re: [haiku-development] Coordinating ports (#2) (was: Re: Distributed Version Control Tools)

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 00:42:01 +0200

Am 22.04.2008 um 00:16 schrieb Urias McCullough:

On 21/04/2008, Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
François,

This looks like a great summary.

May I suggest that you put it into a document on the website, so that we
can link to it from the development page? ;)

I was going to suggest something similar... Perhaps the beginnings of
a "Porting software to Haiku" document that starts with some initial
advice and eventually can be fleshed out to include other tips and
suggestions.

Well, I did ask about a place for porting information some weeks ago and the only real suggestion that came up was BePorts iirc. I'd welcome such "official" information on the website.

But somehow contrary to what François has listed, Ingo (or was it Axel?) has specifically asked not to base Haiku ports on BeOS ports because some workarounds may no longer be necessary. Thus, searching for BONE or R5 ports on BeBits should not be a high priority on the checklist.

IM Kit btw seemed to be native BeOS software, not a port.

Andreas