[haiku] Re: Willing to work for your project.(George)

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 12:27:06 +0100

On 2011-03-25 at 15:52:01 [+0100], George zhao <raimann.zhao@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > That's not quite correct. For pseudo targets to work this way explicit
> > support has to be added.
>
> What kind of explicit support you are talking about? Can you give me
> some more specific details or some online docs link? Thanks

There isn't any documentation for build system internals (well, some can be
found in the implementation itself) and none regarding this feature. In
case that was not clear: the "jam @your_vm_profile update ..." feature
accepts multiple targets (there's some documentation regarding build
profiles in build/jam/UserBuildConfig.ReadMe), so you don't need pseudo
targets to work in this context, since you can just list all the concrete
targets you want to update in the image (I believe there aren't that many
PPP related ones anyway).

If you really want a specific pseudo target to work in this context, you'll
have to check whether the HAIKU_INCLUDE_IN_IMAGE variable is set on it and,
if so, set it on the dependencies as well. Like this:

        if [ on myPseudoTarget return $(HAIKU_INCLUDE_IN_IMAGE) ] {
                HAIKU_INCLUDE_IN_IMAGE on dependency1 dependency2 dependency3 =
1 ;
        }

This must be executed after the build profile has been defined already, so
for pseudo targets defined in your UserBuildConfig it should be done in a
UserBuildConfigRulePostBuildTargets rule.

CU, Ingo