[haiku] Willing to work for your project.(George)

  • From: "George (Zhe Zhao)" <zhe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 23:08:06 -0400

Hi All,

This is George, and I am a computer science PhD student now. I intent
to work for your project during GSOC 2011, I am really interested in
two project ideas.

Integrate our PPP implementation.(Kernel)
NFSv4 client with xattr support and caching.(Network).

I have worked for two platform for two companies, before I was
involved in the current PhD program, one is a large scale router
platform, called VRP, another one is the platform for a DSLAM.  Both
of them are developed by C programming language.

I've participated in the development of PPPOA, and PPPOE modules of
that router platform, this is why I choose the PPP implementation
idea.

Based on the my network development background, I also think I am able
to handle NFSv4  client idea. But honestly I should, and I will, spend
more time on it than the previous one.

Moreover, I didn't find the mentors for the project ideas, can anybody
tell me who will mentor these two projects? Maybe I can exchange some
emails with them for the further details. Really Appreciate it!

Now I am trying the setup the basic development environment in my own
laptop, and will start to work on some patch soon.

Thanks again for your time!

Have a good day!
George