[haiku] Re: Test for gsoc students

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:14:49 +0100

PulkoMandy schrieb:
2009/1/23 Oliver Ruiz Dorantes <oliver.ruiz.dorantes@xxxxxxxxx>:
In my opinion those tests should be decided by the mentor candidate.
They might be bugs or not, but a student should not be digging in an
OS area that at the end will not be the area of the OS he is not gonna
work. For me the best test is a student that can show me that he
initiated the basis of his future task. Therefore knows what is he
dealing with.

Last year, I think the lack of slots made us make risky bets.

I'm not sure there are enough relatively easy to fix bugs left in
haiku right now for all candidates :)

I dare to disagree. I think we have plenty of small bugs in the database that are small/easy enough that many are not getting a lot of attention.

And, i already fixed some last year :)

:-)

(and yes, i'm planning to get involved in the program again this year :))

Nice to know that. Let's see if Haiku manages to be part again. Don't take that for granted.

Best regards,
-Stephan