[haiku] Re: Test for gsoc students

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 10:34:34 +0100

Salvatore Benedetto schrieb:
last year IIRC some students were overestimated (?) which result
in premature failure. This year, we really should start thinking about
some sort of test, like many other organization do, if we don't want
the same situation to happen again.

What do you think? Any suggestion?

How about compiling a list of bugs that we would each consider a suitable test when fixed?

I think fixing a bug, unless it's a really trivial one, is a pretty good test. It

* makes sure you have setup a build env,
* involves you with the community and the other devs when you questions,
* involves you with the community during feedback for the bug,
* tests your coding skills and ability to follow the coding guide lines,
* tests your ability to find your way in the existing code base.

Best regards,
-Stephan