[haiku] Re: Test for gsoc students

  • From: Salvatore Benedetto <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 20:08:56 +0000

2009/1/23 Oliver Ruiz Dorantes <oliver.ruiz.dorantes@xxxxxxxxx>:
> In my opinion those tests should be decided by the mentor candidate.
> They might be bugs or not, but a student should not be digging in an
> OS area that at the end will not be the area of the OS he is not gonna
> work. For me the best test is a student that can show me that he
> initiated the basis of his future task. Therefore knows what is he
> dealing with.

I agree with you. I see not point in a student fixing a UI related issue,
when he is going to apply for a kernel task. But still, some sort of test
is needed.

> Last year, I think the lack of slots made us make risky bets.

As far as I know, the number of slots assigned are based on the number
of mentors available, plus the number of student applications, so this
to get more slot we have to both advertise the event, and ask to all
devs around, to step in and apply as a mentor.

Regards,
--
Salvatore Benedetto (a.k.a. emitrax)
Student of Computer Engineer