[openbeos] Re: Ruby 1.9 will no longer supports Beos unless a maintainer steps forward before Sept 25th.

  • From: Jeffrey Parke <jeffrey.parke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 21:00:56 -0500

Sikosis wrote:
Honestly I couldn't care less about ruby ...

Cheers

Sikosis

On 30/07/2008, at 3:05 AM, "datatec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:datatec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <datatec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:datatec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I saw this the other day and though I would post a bit of it here.

I am assuming that in this case beos/haiku is the same.

I don't really have a lot of knowledge in this area but am suspecting that becoming supported again later would be a lot more
difficult then finding a maintainer before it was dropped.

Really loved BEOS, and recently have been learning Ruby so would love to be able to use both in the future.

Ruby 1.9.0-3 is released
From: "Yugui (Yuki Sonoda)" <yugui yugui.jp <http://yugui.jp>>

== Platforms
Ruby 1.9 no longer supports the following platforms because they have no
active maintainer.
* BeOS
* WinCE
* OS/2
* Interix
* bcc32
* Classic MacOS
* djgpp
* VMS
* human68k

I will remove platform-specific codes for them from Ruby, unless someone
become a maintainer by 25 Sep.

Regards,

- --
Yugui <yugui / yugui.jp <http://yugui.jp>>
http://yugui.jp

Full original post:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/309172

datatec
well i kind of like the language. I can't use it yet, but yet as I think about it, I'd rather learn python instead.