[openbeos] Re: Ruby 1.9 will no longer supports Beos unless a maintainer steps forward before Sept 25th.

  • From: Olivier Coursière <olivier.coursiere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 21:29:52 +0200

Hi,

Here are some news from the front !

In the past few days, i have successfully compiled ruby 1.9 under Haiku. Still remains 3 bugs in the test suite, and networking does not work yet (but should as it works with my ruby 1.8 patch).

I have open a feature request in the ruby bug tracker with my current patch to ask for Haiku support (http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/403).

I choose to do this instead of sending a mail to the ruby-lang mailing list because : - bugs and requests are forwarded to the ruby-core mailing list (the developer's one)
- ruby-lang mailing list has too much traffic to track discussions

I will continue fixing the remaining issues in the next weeks. I will also take a look a native thread implementation under BeOS (but low priority for me).

Olivier