[haiku] Re: Open sourcing SoundPlay?

  • From: Gerasim Troeglazov <3deyes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 12:22:37 +1100

I understand your arguments. But then, what we are discussing here?
Following your logic SoundPlay and CL-Amp is not needed. Why write letters
to authors and request open source or fix our problems ?
Now I'm learning to write DSP effects. I thought that writing a player will
be a good practice. Some audio processing modules are most likely to be
re-written as mediakit addons. ex. Equlizer, Stereo Enhancer, Pitch etc.

About QT and the question asked above: the new build based on 4.8.3
release for alpha4 will be available next week.