[haiku] Re: Open sourcing SoundPlay?

  • From: kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:14:33 -0500

On 2012-09-09 3:44 pm, Axel Dörfler wrote:
Am 08.09.2012 15:46, schrieb Kenneth:
Before contacting Marco about open sourcing SoundPlay, you should try contacting him first about fixing the bug. Only after several of those requests go unanswered, I would consider contacting him to open source
the code.
I believe that is the courteous path to take.

It's probably being caused by a bug in Haiku, not SoundPlay, though.
Ryan was asking as having its source around would ease fixing the bug
in Haiku.

Not sure if it's relevant, but I found this trying to get ideas from the
media kit for hardware GL:

http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/src/kits/media/!missing_symbols.cpp
"// SoundPlay 4.8 is evil, uses undocumented media kit API"

Those undocumented api's are currently #if 0'ed out.

 -- Alex