[openbeos] Keyboard Preferences Beta.

  • From: "Andrew Edward McCall" <mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 02:06:06 -0800

Hi all,

I have finished the Keyboard Preference application now.

There are a few things to do like :

o Add the pretty icons, I don't actually know how to do this yet;
o Tidy my code up with accessor funtions rather than sticking objects in
the public sections of classes;
o Make sure if the Windows co-ords are off screen, re-position it in the
middle of the screen.
o It also may have some constants that are declared elsewhere in the
OpenBeOS project, the kb_settings struct is an example of this,
I don't actually know how to include files like that, it didn't download
when I cvs co'd my teams work.

Other than that, it *should* work :) (Thats asking for trouble!)

If people want to test it be my guest, and you can download the binary
here:

http://www.h2o.demon.co.uk/OpenBeOS_Keyboard_Preference_Panel.zip

***NOTICE***

This file may destroy your life, your BeOS partition, whatever. It
probably won't but this is a beta release and it reads/writes system
files.

If it does - don't get mad with me - you tried it.

Do we have some sort of charter for releasing software? I wasn't too
sure if I was to just email like this, or contact the team leader
first...

Thanks

Andrew Edward McCall
mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx