[openbeos] Re: Keyboard Preferences Beta.

  • From: DarkWyrm <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:32:37 -0500

>Hmm.... I *might* need a little more information than that :) Thats like
>saying "You load up the BeIDE, and write the program you need." to me :)
>I seem to remember you can add a bitmap with xres or something?
Make an image and dump it into a resource file with something like QuickRes
(my preferred resource app - use what you like) and add the resource file to
your project. Call BTranslationUtils to load the thing into a BBitmap. I've
got some example code which would be right up your alley. E-mail me off-list
and I can help you with it if you like.

>Don't laugh, but it was only after reading François Revol code for
>Workspaces and trying to implement reading and writing of the
>preferences file I thought "Ahhh that was what my lecturer was on about
>in C++ while I slept.....". I can see a point to protecting objects
>now... but wait, who needs to do that when you can just presume that
>nothing bads ever going to happen!?!
Bad stuff happens in ways you (or I) don't ever expect. You'd be surprised
how many different ways things can break. :P

--DarkWyrm