[openbeos] Re: Keyboard Preferences Beta.

  • From: "Andrew Edward McCall" <mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 02:20:08 -0800

>Some good questions.

>Get with the Creative Design team to draw something.
>Add it as a resource to your application.
>Load it as a BBitmap and copy it into your BView.

Hmm.... I *might* need a little more information than that :) Thats like
saying "You load up the BeIDE, and write the program you need." to me :)
I seem to remember you can add a bitmap with xres or something?

>>o Tidy my code up with accessor funtions rather than sticking objects
in
>>the public sections of classes;
>
>Tsk Tsk. :-)

Don't laugh, but it was only after reading François Revol code for
Workspaces and trying to implement reading and writing of the
preferences file I thought "Ahhh that was what my lecturer was on about
in C++ while I slept.....". I can see a point to protecting objects
now... but wait, who needs to do that when you can just presume that
nothing bads ever going to happen!?!

>Sort of. Really the thing to do here is mail your team leader. While
everything
>is accessible (since it is in CVS, after all), I want to give bundles
of things
>to the beta testers...
>
>In any case, this was a good opportunity to talk about these things.
;-)

Yeah, I would prefer to release binary software to a few selected people
first, that way those people are fully aware of the risks of using it.
The other people if they *really* want it, they can CVS co it and
compile it themselves, and then they are to blame if something goes
wrong.

Thanks

Andrew Edward McCall
mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx