[openbeos] Re: newbie dev questions

  • From: Sikosis <beos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 06:51:04 +1000

I've tried to implement a BMenufield with some weird results.

If someone could check out DUNWindow.cpp under preferences/DUN in CVS, I would appreciate it greatly.

Cheers

Sikosis

At 07:15 AM 30/01/2002 -0600, you wrote:

Yeah I am working on a program for BeOS where a combo box is handy - I was
planning to use a BTextView, and then a BPictureButton,showing a picture
of the arrow, then when you click on the PictureButton, the BPopupMenu
appears in the right place - it should be fairly trivial to code, but I'm
also a real newbie, so I haven't done it yet ;-)

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Michael Pfeiffer wrote:

> 1/28/02 9:12:37 AM, Michael Pfeiffer <michael.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I'm trying to work out how to create a dropdown combo box or it's
> >>equivalent in BeOS ? but I can't work out what the name of the control is.
> >>
> >>If someone could just drop me a line, that would be cool.
> >
> >BMenuField
>
> Maybe I should add that a combination of a BTextView and a BPopUpMenu
> does not exist in the BeAPI.
>
> - Michael

BURB -- BeOS Users Representing Brisbane http://burb.gravity24hr.com/

---