[haiku] Re: Haiku Flyers for gsoc and new developers

  • From: Ari Haviv <arielbhaviv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 02:56:36 -0500

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hm. It may draw more attention than the other flyer, but it also looks a lot
> less serious. The GSoC isn't like an exciting party, it's hard work for the
> most part. The students have to be very self-controlled. By re-using a lot
> of the colors found on our website and on Haiku itself, the other flyer also
> manages to transport some kind of brand identity. That is also something
> which is lost with your flyer.
>
> I also don't like that you used the old Haiku logo, and that the user
> interface elements have barely anything in common with the actual Haiku user
> interface.

Not sure what you mean by the old Haiku logo...unless you mean that it
isn't white. White font is hard to print.
I really like the general concept of wrapping everything in one window
with the big title tab. The flyer needs to stand out in a crowded
bulletin board and this is pretty unique. As a result, there's less of
a need for the other standout tricks. The big '?' and fonts could be
reduced in size and you wouldn't have everything bump into the top of
the window.