[haiku] Re: Haiku Flyers for gsoc and new developers

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 4:54 PM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please, for all of these sample flyers for 2009, please put some sort
> of stamp or something over them so that no one goes and prints up a
> whole bunch of flyers with invalid info on them.  As Jorge states
> Google hasn't even released the details yet.  As for the regular
> flyer, the blue ones look great if you have a copy shop print them out
> for you as we've done for past events.  They can probably do them for
> cheaper than you can at home and the print quality will be much better
> too.
> -scottmc

Well, hopefully people will realize they'd be pretty stupid to post up
flyers for GSOC 2008... :)

I hope there will be a big university push for Haiku at around the
same time as Fosdem and Scale. Hopefully Alpha will also be ready by
then (a developer agreed to work on the alpha blockers
http://www.haiku-os.org/blog/kvdman/2009-01-20/found_a_bug_squasher)
 If everyone would post a flyer to the university's computer science
department bulletin board, that would be great. Maybe even
discuss/demo Haiku to professors and students...

I'll hit Queens College first as that is the closest. After that I'll
probably go to Columbia and NYU. I'd even check out Bronx Science
though most won't be eligible for GSOC. Lots of really smart kids
there.