[openbeos] GUI, scripting, etc

  • From: "James Mayfield" <cube148@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:31:26 -0500 (EST)

I would personally love to see Bethon (the Be API bindings for python),
or something like it included in the obos thing.
Python is a ridiculously powerful and simple language and making beos
GUI apps with it is a breeze.  Even outside the
bindings to the API, python is quite powerful in its own right.  Its
use extends far beyond doing GUI construction.  And
as near as I can tell, pyhton could be compiled on whatever platforms
obos ends up running on, which would make the
app nice and crossplatformy.
I just posted my first app to bebits, and it was done entirely in
python.  As a total newbie to programming and OOP and
 all that jazz, I can attest to the ease of this language, not to
mention the Be API.

Anyway...some thoughts