[openbeos] Re: Atheos Forked

  • From: "Cedric Degea" <cdegea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:44:45 +0100

A quick mail on that thread from me.. meant as a one-shot thing
and all, won't add up afterwards:

>I certainly think the announcement is interesting. I'd be curious to
>take a look what Bill Hayden has done myself. But I don't think it
>makes a jot of difference to this project at this point. Our challenge

>is, first and foremost, build the thing and get it working. Then, make

>sure it not only works, but works beautifully. Who's up for that?

Yup. It's not coincidence that NewOS is taking so long
withing OpenBeOS: that's where much much of the value (and
the difficult stuff) lies, which might explain why some people just
give up on making a good kernel and adopt the linux one, or
to the cotnrary do recognize the value of a good kernel_intel-like
kernel and beg for one/bug the devs for one/moan for higher
speed ..etc :-)

Whereas the "competing" (well..) projects are increasingly
narrowing the gap, in somem way, for the high levels code
layers, no one will come close if we have a BeOS-like kernel land
layer, or if we even have better. (looks like it will be even better).
OBOS is still da one.

--
http://cdegea.free.fr/ | BeDev E-16870
"What's oil got to do, got to do with it" -- F02 Chorus