[openbeos] Re: Atheos Forked

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 04:59:16 -0500

Sounds to me like a challenge... and one with potentially positive
ramifications.

This AtheOS/BeOS/LinuxKernel hybrid will bridge a gap between Linux
developers/users and BeOS developers/users.  It can't hurt any efforts
to keep BeOS alive, as it is source level compatible, and therefore, it
seems to me that it would tend to bring even more apps to the various
BeOS-derivatives, such as OpenBeOS, BlueOS, and this AtheOS/Linux one -
get more developers creating apps and learning the Be API basics.

So the challenge is - prove that OpenBeOS, with the NewOS-based kernel,
performs much better than the Linux-kernel-based platforms.  The masses
will eventually migrate over to the better OpenBeOS platform via the
bridge created by Bill Hayden.

You all up for that?  ;)

Deej