[haiku] Re: Asus Eee PC 1000H

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 10:48:35 +0000

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 6:18 AM, Sean Healy<jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Glad to see you're around :)

> OpenSound:
> Even though I removed OpenSound from my optional packages, deleted the zip
> file from the download directory, commented out HAIKU_DONT_CLEAR_IMAGE = 1
> in my build profile, watched the console to verify that it wasn't put into
> the image, and checked the download folder after building to make sure it
> hadn't somehow been redownloaded, I still ended up with OpenSound in my
> build. I don't know how to get rid of it.

Are you trying to update an existing image or installation of Haiku?

> I don't remember what kind of hardware is inside the external hard drive. I
> suppose that theoretically it shouldn't matter, since it's connected via
> USB. Windows identifies it simply as 'ST325041 OAS USB Device'. It's a 200GB
> drive divided into two 100GB NTFS partitions.
>
> NTFS may be the problem - can Haiku read NTFS? I know it didn't see my XP
> drive, but I thought it was because XP was hibernated, so the drive was
> marked as in-use.

NTFS is one of the GPL addons : http://www.haiku-os.org/node/2507#gpl_addon
By default, they're not included.  I don't recall exactly why this was done
You *might* even be able to simply set "INCLUDE_GPL_ADDONS = 1 ;"
inside your build profile.

Recently NTFS *write* support has been enabled by default.
http://dev.haiku-os.org/changeset/30944

--mmadia